Today I’m sharing a little Valentine inspired breakfast. Fast and easy, but just a bit of added fun because of the heart shaped cut-out. You don’t need much of a recipe for this – just don’t miss the broiler step so your egg sets and you don’t burn your bread.
- 1 slice of bread (texas or brioche works particularly well)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- salt, pepper and chipotle chili
- Set the broiler to low. Punch out a heart shaped hole from the centre of your bread slice with a cookie cutter. Butter both sides of the bread slice and cutout, including the inside of the hole.
- Toast the slice and cutout of bread in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat until golden. Flip the bread and crack the egg into the hole, while keeping all egg white in the hole.
- Cover and cook until egg sets - 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Place the skillet under broiler just until the white is fully cooked. Season with salt, pepper and chili and serve immediately.