About 15 years ago there was a cafe I’d have lunch at every so often and they had a chicken sandwich that was really great. Since then I’ve been making a similar sandwich when at home, altering some of the flavours from time to time. It’s the perfect small lunch to throw together when you have left-over roast chicken or even a grilled chicken breast. This time I made it with horseradish mayo, but normally I’d make it with tartar sauce, storebought or this Jamie Oliver recipe. I think I prefer the tartar version.
- Fresh baguette, cut to size and sliced lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon of tartar sauce
- 1/2 grilled chicken breast or white meat of a roasted chicken
- Lettuce leaves
- Shaved carrots
- Sweet chili thai sauce
- Spread tartar sauce on bottom half of baguette.
- Add lettuce leaves and chicken.
- Drizzle with sweet chili sauce and top with carrots and second half of baguette.
- Eat immediately.