Wow, the cliché that time flies, really applies here. This blog turns two this week and I’ve been blogging for almost 5 years. Five years ago I knew nothing about blogging, I only followed a handful of bloggers and wrote a corporate blog at work. I jumped in and tried a bunch of stuff, attended some conferences and took classes – each time being more inspired and learning so many things on the way. Two years ago, when I decided to switch to this blog, I knew a little more and focused on what I enjoyed most – but again, the blog world is always changing and what worked a year ago, is not really what works today. But it’s fun, it’s challenging and definitely not boring.
Here I am with a little post and a few links to some favourite recipes on this blog.
- To make lemon cupcakes like above – use this cake recipe and this frosting recipe, adding lemon instead of strawberries.
- Pink ombre cakes are very popular – people like to pin and share this pretty pink cake.
- The most popular post though, is Nutella and french toast – baked. I guess people really like Nutella!
- Some of my favourite comfort foods were this savoury bread pudding and these cheesy waffles.
- My most popular summer recipes were these seafood sandwiches and this Café Frappé.
- We also celebrated birthdays here, here, here and here, and traveled to New York, Switzerland and Spain.
It was a good year, a fun year. A year filled with adventures, firsts and a few challenges. Again, thank you so much for stopping by my little space, taking time out of your busy day and making it a wonderful place for me to share pieces of my life – be it the sweet or the savoury.