Jordana was in town for work and we met up for dinner. It’s nice to hang out with blogger friends in real life. We had a lot to catch up and did so we some great drinks and food!
We ordered a mushy pea toast with a poached egg to start. Sounds a little strange, right? While we liked the combination of flavours, it lacked salt and the sous-vide egg was a little bland and seemed forced, so we decided to re-create it at home. It’s easy to make and we liked our home-made versions better than the restaurant one. Enjoy!
- 1 piece of sourdough bread, toasted
- 1 egg, fried with soft yolk
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 1 pat of butter
- salt, pepper
- 1 tablespoon of crumbly goat cheese
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan, add peas and sautee until soft. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mush with food processor or large spoon.
- Spoon peas on toasted bread, top with fried egg, season with salt and pepper and top with crumbly goat cheese. Serve immediately while egg is hot and peas are warm.