It’ that time of year again. It’s dark outside all the time (at least when I’m home), there’s a chill in the air and bits of snow have fallen. All we really want to do is cuddle up in blankets and binge watch Scandal (which I just started this fall, so I have lots of content to catch up on). But since I do have some adult responsibilities and need to feed my kids a nourishing meal, I can’t completely go into hibernation. This is where the slow cooker comes in – throw everything into the pot in the morning, head to work and come home to the beautiful scent of curried, melt in your mouth chicken!
- 2 pounds of frozen boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup of red curry paste
- 1 pound of peeled and sliced sweet potatoes
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- Chili pepper, sliced thin
- Green Onions, sliced
- Cilantro or flat leaf parsley
- Place frozen chicken on the bottom of your slow cooker. Add red curry paste and toss until spread out a bit. Add sweet potatoes.
- Cover chicken and potatoes with coconut milk and broth. Stir in minced ginger.
- Let cook on low for 8 hours.
- If you want a thicker sauce, stir cornstarch into your mixture. Stir in fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Combine well.
- Garnish with chili, green onions, mint and cilantro to your liking. Serve on it's own or with rice.