With the weather slowly warming up, even here in Canada, I am looking for fresh spring foods. Foods that are fast to make, full of flavour and show off some great colour. With fresh shelled peas starting to show up in markets and stores, this is the perfect quick recipe to make. It’s super easy, works perfect at a party, but also as an amazing sandwich spread or to dip fresh veggies. If you can’t get your hands on fresh peas yet, feel free to make this with frozen peas. I was honoured that I was able to join Cup of Jo on her blog again this month and share this!
- 1 cup fresh shelled peas or frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (including stems)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 small cloves or one large clove chopped garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Add peas to a small pot with salted water. Bring water to a boil, cook peas until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for the peas to cool.
- In small food processor, pulse cooled peas, cilantro, tahini, lime juice, garlic, and cumin 30 to 40 seconds. Season with salt.
- Serve with crackers, as dip for fresh vegetables or as a sandwich spread. This works great as a base for a cheese sandwich or a fried egg sandwich.
Keeps in a well sealed container up to a week in the fridge.