We are ready for some time off before going back to the office in the New Year. The kids are off school, my mom is visiting from Switzerland, my father in-law has been with us for the past week and we are enjoying our time together as a family. We’ve been battling some sniffles and fever, but I think we’ll all be on the mend for Christmas day!
If you are still looking for things to nibble on the next couple of days, you might want to consider this baked brie. It’s fast, easy and perfectly creamy and cheesy. The perfect cold day appetizer. Top it with your favourite cranberry sauce, or just top crackers with the warm and melty cheese. Happy Holidays indeed!
- 1 brie
- Toasted walnuts (optional)
- Cranberry sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to broil. While oven is heating up, toast walnuts in a dry frying pan for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Unpack room-temperature brie and place on a piece of parchment paper on a rimmed cookie sheet. Place cheese in oven for a few minutes until cheese softens but doesn't collapse. This depends on the size cheese you use and can happen very quickly. Remove from oven and carefully transfer brie to a platter with a large spatula. Sprinkle with pepper and serve immediately.
- Serve with crackers or baguette and serve nuts, honey and cranberry sauce along with it.
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for stopping by my little space and making it a wonderful place for me to share pieces of my life – be it the sweet or the savoury.